Open topic with navigation
Tenants are able to submit maintenance requests online within the tenant portal. In the tenant portal, in addition to bills and payments, tenants will be able to submit and view the status of their maintenance requests. This change will give tenants a new section for current maintenance requests and a new button to submit a new maintenance request.
Click the link below to view a short recording of this feature in action.
- Tenants will have ability to view current and past requests, but their view is limited to only the description, work order number and work order status. Owner, vendor and financial information will not be visible to tenants.
- Once submitted tenants cannot delete or update their request, but will be able to see status changes.
- When a tenant submits an online maintenance request, a new Work Order is created in AppFolio and marked as Submitted Online so you will be able to distinguish them from internally created work orders.
- Tenant and unit information is automatically filled in for you as well as the description provided by the tenant.
- Within AppFolio you have full ability to edit or cancel the work order. Tenants will only see the change in Work Order status.
- In My Settings you can opt-in to receive a notification email anytime a new online tenant maintenance request is received.
- Online maintenance requests are only available within the tenant portal and not through other websites or web forms.
- This feature is enabled, by default, for all tenant ACH customers.
- Since this feature initially requires activation of Tenant ACH, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up Tenant ACH.
- Future updates to the feature will not require Tenant ACH.